3 Year Visit
- Arts and crafts
- Use nontoxic markers and other
organic compound (VOC) materials.
- Avoid imported art products as safety
standards overseas may be less stringent.
- Physical activity
- Choose family activities that encourage physical activity (walking,
tag, short hikes, etc.).
- Take stairs over escalators.
- Walk or bike rather than drive.
- Local air quality
- Follow activity guidelines associated with the
Air Quality Index (AQI), reported in newspapers, on television, on radio,
and at www.epa.gov/airnow.
- Children with asthma or respiratory illness are
at higher risk.